M-Netics has cemented its relationship with route optimisation solution software developer Loqus Fleet. The new formal alliance will enable fleet and field-service organisations to gain benefits from the combined expertise of both organisations. The joint software, hardware & service proposition reduces operational costs, improves response times, improves customer (service) levels, increases efficiency and promotes a healthier bottom line.
RouteIT allows entities and companies to optimise their logistics operations based on a pre-set plan. RouteIT provides customers with a mechanism that will take as input a list of deliveries and pickups and, based on the available resources and predefined rules, generates a series of optimised routes.
RouteIT includes a configurable Routing Engine capable of generating optimised routes while handling a variety of constraints such as TIME delivery and collection time-windows, client stop times, maximum driving time, maximum duty time and break times, maximum driving distance, total vehicle payloads, total vehicle volume, maximum client stops within route, as well as maximum number of packages.
RouteIT is deployed as a background process and also supports a Graphical User Interface which enables customers to view and set configuration parameters. This GUI also includes route visualisation facilities. It also provides basic routing engine calibration data for every depot (branch or storehouse – a logistics node) being used which is derived from the analyses of each depot’s operation over a period of time.
- Flexible deployment on all hardware platforms
- Support for a wide range of popular databases
- Generation of realistic routes with built-in tools to model and analyse historic route data and to calibrate driver resources
- Scalability solution which can efficiently process small to large depot optimisations
- Host of flexible solution method combinations ranging from strict solutions to best-effort solutions, attenuated optimisation solutions and depot layout solutions
- Full support for time-windows in various solution modes
- Support for individual driver performance levels, non-homogeneous fleets and resource-defined waypoints
- Supports multiple business units
- Full support for route cost and stop cost estimation
- Developed and refined with strategic partners in the industry
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Reduction in the number of operating routes and vehicles
- Review mix of vehicles using smaller vehicles where possible
- Reduction in fuel consumption and miles
- Monitoring fuel and mileage on a daily basis
- Increased productivity across existing drivers
- Start time changed, reducing overtime
- Some drivers move to Tuesday to Saturday shifts, saving Saturday overtime
- Reduced cost on external resources
- Reduce need for ad hoc resource such as agency staff, taxis, couriers